- Multiple site’s fixes by Ivan Vasylishyn
- Significantly improved performance of article’s retrieval, especially in multi-link mode.
- Support for strangely formated emails from Airmail client.
- Correct parsing and processing for dynamic blogspot pages.
- Fixed missing pics for url with spaces.
- Fixed lack of images in DBX files.
- Failed image’s retrieval won’t cause rejects anymore.
- Added Dropbox integration with single-file output (embedded images). This type of html is mobile-device friendly and looks good in your dropbox directory. It also works fine with both image and pdf modifiers.
- Added support for FULL mode bookmarklet.
- Improved processing of Jabber requests.
- Improved processing of some very complex URLs.
- Added better detection of author and date.
- Fixed a problem caused missing images in some rare cases.
- Performance related optimizations.
We have added uKeeper->DropBox integration. See Extras or just go directly to http://www.ukeeper.com/dbx/
As soon as you activate this service (disabled by default) all of your drops will be saved as regular htmls with all corresponding images to Dropbox/ukeeper/[date]/[article] in addition to the existing email processing. Click on index.html will show the article in the same way as you see it in your email or evernote client.
- Added detection of email signatures for some popular email clients. Such signatures may have links and we don’t want to process those in uKeeper.
- Fixed the issue caused incorrect http:// link to be extracted in some rare cases.
- Added support for emails with “+”
- Added support for documents with multiple embedded youtube videos.
- Added support for the new type of t.co redirects.
- Added ability to process meta-redirects.
- Fixed detection of email in case of CC: only and empty TO: field.
- PDF and Image modes improved with better timeout detection.
- Added support for feedly mobile emails, all flavors they have (snippet, short and full version). In each case uKeeper will understand the actual link and will send you back the right page.
- Adjusted user-agent to satisfy some paranoid web sites. This should prevent rare rejects.
- Fixed the issue with some international wiki pages.
- Request extractor for web-uKeeper reimplemented and should be much smarter now, especially for tricky urls.
We got a new web site! Since day one uKeeper leveraged a very basic theme based on just slightly modified default Octopress, but not anymore. Big thanks to Dmitry Rybalka (web design) and Ivan Barinov (UI development) for this.
It is still a work in progress and we will continue to improve it and fix the site’s issue (btw, feel free to report) however, all functionality should be available right now and ukeeper.com has never looked so good.
- Added automatic recovery system for all elements of uKeeper.
- Switched to new DynamoDB API (v2) and new SQS API. This allowed to make uKeeper faster and reduce cpu utilization.
- Added direct milti-link email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asynchronous and parallel downloads for article’s images was implemented.
- Implemented fully parallel mode in response processing to allow better vertical scalability.
- Fixed issue with some nonstandard redirects during image downloads.
- Fixed multi-line titles and titles with extra spaces.
- Implemented parallel GridFS storage for non-AWS mode.
- Improved title processing and encoding detection.
- Added some limited support for WP lazy-plugin and switchable agent for image downloads.
- Minor bigfixes.
- A lot of work on the back-end around RMQ/MongoDB/MultiNAS related support. Such ability helps to build and maintain rapidly and flexibly distributed core of the system.
- Added async distributed event bus. This addition improved latency of metadata updates and made everything much more consistent. For example, no more “eventually consistent user’s email update” which caused sometime a few seconds delay until new/updated user’s info distributed across all uKeeper nodes.
- Introduced new modular composition allowing safer and faster release of new functionality.
- Added support for Reddit pages
- Added support of Surfingbird capturing
- Fixed processing of “base href” which resolved number of issues with missing images.
- Other, minor bugfixes.
- Improved processing of twitter’s statuses
- Fixed processing of twitter’s pics
- Improved image extraction for referrer-sensitive sites
- Added support of %i and %p for XMPP (jabber) links
- Workaround for the incorrect title returned by external parsers
- Improved fault-tolerance in non-S3 (alternative) storage
- Added experimental RMQ–based backend
This is mostly bug-fixes and internal improvements release.
- Added ability to change S3 regions
- Implemented pessimistic strategy for data retrieval from S3- Added backup shared storage method, eliminating S3 completely in case of need
- Improved support of official mobile Twitter client for both “Mail Tweet” and “Mail Link”
- Fixed issue with images referenced by partially invalid urls
- AWS SDK updated to the current version
- If sites doesn’t allow image to be downloaded uKeeper will keep the original link
- Some minor performance improvements